Saturday, January 30, 2010

Hill Family

Ok, so I realize I don't have many readers on this blog, HOWEVER, I thought it would be fun to throw out an impromptu Q&A. If anyone has any photography 'how to' questions, I'd gladly answer them and let you know how I do things. Then again, maybe just the crickets will be chirping.... but that's ok. Even if there is just one question, you'll get my full attention! :) You can either leave a comment below or email me at claircooper(at)yahoo(dot)com.

Anyone? Anyone??

In the meantime, check out this lovely family. Or love-e-ly, as my four year old pronounces it. She likes to stick in extra syllables to spice things up :)

 
   
  
  
  
  
  
  

3 comments:

Sara said...

How the heck do you get good photos of a newborn? I can't seem to figure out the right angles or lighting, etc. Obviously I don't have quality camera equipment, but I thought maybe you'd have some little tips?

D said...

I like the effect where the edges of the photo are darkened to help the subject of the photo pop out a little more (like the two shots of the Hill Fqamily in front of that garage door). I assume that you do that in photoshop after the photo is taken, and you possible enhance the colours as well.

I wonder, how much of that effect comes from the original camera settings, and how much you are getting from retouching? Can you post up a "before and after" of a retouch job and an overview of the steps you took?

I have come up with my own methods, but I am no expert and I really like the results you get.

brittany said...

I like D's question. Before and afters are always fun to see and a learning exprience.

I don't have photoshop right now and I'm intrigued by the whole thing with the "actions" and I would love to be able to use them. I've seen before and afters with them, but I kind of don't get it. Do you just push a button and the whole picture changes?

Also you do a great job with making the eyes stand out, do you have tips for that?

I love your mad skills. You know you have them. When I thought you were coming out here I was going to hire you to do family photos for me. wah.

xox
B